Thursday

Every day...







4/366

...the prudent gives thought to his steps.
(Proverbs 14:15 ESV)

Being prudent in this verse from Proverbs means two things to me: that it's important to plan and that planning takes time to pray and think through.

As I mentioned, without a plan or goals I drift aimlessly, but impulsive or hastily made plans are not wise either.  

My daughter recently accepted an opportunity to do something without giving it much thought. It was a great opportunity and I would have done the same thing, but when the stress of trying to make it work became overwhelming, she realized her over-commitment. Backing out disappointed others, creating more stress - a predicament I'm all too familiar with myself. 

As I have created goals for the coming year, I have tried to be prudent - to pray through them and think carefully about whether they are appropriate goals for me in this season. Even so, as I work through them, I have given myself permission to revise them. The point is to keep growing and moving forward - to live life to its fullest in the places the Lord leads me.

     {In Christ Alone} {Every Day}

  • Create ----> write a poem, paint, sew, craft, play piano, garden, photograph, redecorate...
  • Bring Beauty ----> to me, in the house, in the yard, or to others...
  • Write ----> ghost writing assignments, to the grands, blog, works in progress...
  • Read ----> poetry, biography, best-seller, essay...
  • Photography ----> project 366... 
  • Move ----> walk, stretch, bounce, range of motion...

The idea is to do something from the list of possible options in each category. It's not binding or exhaustive, and some of the weekly goals, that I will post tomorrow, enhance these categories to emphasize my priorities. 

I'd love to know what you think, and if you have similar goals for this new year. 

{Photos} winter arrived in a hard freeze to Pollywog Creek, flowers rescued before the freeze