Friday

Every week...


_DSC0021-1
5/366

Many are the plans in the mind of a man,
but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.

(Proverbs 19:21 ESV)


There's been a comfortable orderliness to this first week of the new year - it opened gloriously into a sabbath day of rest and reflection and gently unfolded with daily insights for not only the day laid open before me but for the days and weeks to come.

Even as I made thoughtful, prayerful plans of my own, I held tight to the thread spun throughout every day - that the LORD's plans are the ones that prevail. When the unexpected derailed my goals for the day, I could release them to calmly focus on the interruption and be satisfied that my accomplishments were in the Lord's hands, not mine.

My weekly goals were designed to both give me space to accomplish them while prioritizing some of the daily goals by enhancing them. Reading, writing and photography are some of my most important goals. Though I might not meet them daily, including them in my weekly goals will highlight their importance {to me}.

     {In Christ Alone} {Every Week}
  • Read  ----> a classic
  • Learn  ----> focus on an author, artist, musician, sculptor...
  • Write  ----> letter(s) to family and friends
  • Family ----> write a "Letter from Mimi's Backyard"
  • Cook  ----> prepare one new recipe
  • Photography ----> learn and practice a new skill or technique
How am I doing so far? 

I started reading Hugo's Les Miserables - thanks to my very smart and witty friend Mary. It's massive. I might be in it for a while. 

I also roasted a chicken using a mouth-watering recipe from the lovely and insightful Tonia. I had to adapt it a bit, but it was still wonderful. I'm making the broth today.  

That's it - but it's only Friday. I have the rest of the day and all day tomorrow, Lord willing. 

What about you? Have you met any of your goals for the week?

{Photo} Orchids inside, protected from the frost and freeze