Friday

The sweetest things in life...


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

DSC_0015

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life’s plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life."
~ Robert Louis Stevenson
This "carpe diem in an ordinary life" seems to be a common thought everywhere I look these days. Either others are on the same page, or it's the work the Lord is doing in my heart and it raises my spiritual antennae.  

Or maybe it's also because this is the year - the month - that I qualify for social security and I can't for the life of me figure out how I got here so fast.  

Wasn't it yesterday that I graduated from nursing school?  Was married?  Had children? 

Did I take the path right before me or did I grasp at the stars?

What did I do with all those flowers at my feet? Did I embrace with joy and gratitude those daily duties and  bread?

But more importantly, will I taste of these sweetest things in life in this moment - in this best and ordinary day?

{Photos - one sweet day this week by the honeysuckle - with the Nikon before I had to send it back}

{HT-thank you Vicki for this fabulous quote}