Thursday

Mélange - Part Deuce...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

DSC_0013

Untitled

Untitled

DSC_0059

Untitled

DSC_0074

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

DSC_0089

...because I don't know what else to do with these photos from recent wanderings around Pollywog Creek except to share them with you for your enjoyment {or not}.

Some of them prove my point when I tell you that my cameras give me courage I'd otherwise not have. I recently learned that one of the caterpillars I've photographed this summer, though I don't think I've posted any of the photos, is one of the 10 most dangerous caterpillars in the world. {gulp}

Can you see that the photo just before the snake is not just a clump of fungus covered debri, but a teeny-tiny bug with pinchers? I've no idea what it is, but it was fascinating to watch it crawl near the fluffy variable tussock caterpillar across the bench {which I did NOT sit on} under the moss-drenched live oak. Once or twice the funny little bug and caterpillar bumped into each other and just turned the other way and went on about their business.

I think that's the way I should be, too, when someone bumps up against me - just quietly and peacefully move on.  
If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.
Romans 12:18 ESV

Strive for peace with everyone ...
Hebrews 12:14 ESV