Saturday

Still Saturday::dying to live...

_DSC0021
{Blue speckled mockingbird eggs}
...the Bible says that the new way of obedience is fruit-bearing, not law-keeping.
"You...have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God." {Romans 7.4}
We have died to law-keeping so that we might live to fruit-bearing.

Die to the law, that you might bear the fruit of love.
John Piper,  The Passion of Jesus Christ p.81
{Between February 12th and April 16th (the Wednesday before Easter), I am reading and discussing John Piper's The Passion of Jesus Christ - Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die with a group of friends. From now through Easter, my Still Saturday quotes and I {LOVE} Sunday scriptures will come from my readings in this book by Piper, and the photos might simply be a few favorites from those I've taken during the week.}

Sandra Heska King - Still Saturday