Monday

Do it afraid....

Fear....


Relatively speaking, it's a long way to the ground for that tiny butterfly (moth?) from atop that equally tiny flowerhead - but for wings.

That's what faith gives me. Not an absence of fear - but wings to jump off into the deep unknown (metaphorically speaking, of course) knowing God promises He will supply all the wing power I need for the jump.

In his message to us yesterday, Pastor Eric reminded us that fear is the number one hindrance to doing what God asks us to do; and in our small group discussion afterwards, my friend Sam reminded us what I've heard often (and obviously needed to hear again), "Do it afraid - just do it afraid."

That's my chalkboard message to myself for the week: Do It Afraid.

I've confessed an embarrassingly long list of fears that have hindered me - fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of disappointing others, fear of causing others to stumble, fear of saying something stupid, fear of not being good enough, etc. - and in faith I'm jumping out to do what I know God has called (and will equip) me to do.

What about you?

What did you hear in the message from your pastor this week that was meant for you - and what are you going to do about it?