Thursday

Woe to him who is alone when he falls...


DSC01856

DSC01862

2012-04-253

Two are better than one,
because they have a good reward for their toil.
For if they fall,
one will lift up his fellow.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls
and has not another to lift him up!

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 ESV


In less than a month, Lord willing and the creek don't rise, Robbi  - my critique partner, writing coach, book collaborator, and friend - will be boarding a plane with me headed for Asheville, North Carolina, and the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference. For a multitude of reasons, it's a conference I would not be attending without her.

My friendship with Robbi bears witness to God's sovereignty - from how He brought us together to how He manipulates our circumstances and speaks to us individually, giving us glimpses of His purposes for our writing and confirming our plans. Two truly are better than one.

This will be my first major outing since rheumatoid arthritis, and every now and then I worry about how I will manage the conference. There are days when walking from one room to another in my house is a challenge. How will I ever get from one place to the next away from home - in a large conference venue?

Robbi teasingly suggested roller skates. I told her she'd have to push me - that she could use my cane to prod me along...and just like scripture says, she could lift me up if I fall.

Don't tell anyone, but that could be the title of our next book - Two Are Better Than One.

What about you? Do you have a two-are-better-than-one story?

{Photos - two by themselves not-so-great point-and-shoot photos made lovelier when they were combined into one.}