Tuesday

31 Days::Day 23 - Knowing fully...

Untitled

Yesterday had already unfolded into yet another pray day when I read the email in my inbox - the one telling me that as the sun was rising over fields of sugarcane to the east, my gratitude-counting friend Marilyn was flying home to Jesus.

The prayer shawl she crocheted, while cancer-fighting drugs dripped into her veins, lays in a heap on top of our basket of blankets and the gratitude journal the three of us shared - Marilyn, Joyce and me - is open to Marilyn's last entry where I read it over and over again - remembering the joy she discovered in counting 1,000 gifts while numbering her last days.  

When I open the curtains and look out the bedroom window, I see our new-to-us dog Red sleeping as close as she can to the fence separating her from our old-to-us dog Jake, and I want to capture it with my camera - but the view is veiled by the dirty windows. And I think of Marilyn - who like Joyce and me - once saw in a mirror dimly and knew in part - who today is face to face with our Lord and knowing fully His immeasurable gifts.
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
1 Corinthians 13:12 ESV
Day 23 - Romans 9 {...as it is written, “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense; and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.” vs 33 }, more fall decorating, clean inside master bedroom windows.

31 Days of Just One Thing